Welcome! (A quick intro)
I have one BIG dream: to empower leaders like YOU to change the world.
If you’ve ever thought:
- “I have no idea how I’m going to lead us through this crisis.”
- “I don’t know how I am going to juggle all the demands on my time, talents, and energy.”
- “I spend so much time pouring into my team helping them grow; but who’s helping me grow?”
If you’ve ever felt alone in your leadership, you’re in the right place.
I started coaching and writing and speaking and consulting because I want YOU to become your own dynamo leader. I wanted to combine my experience with your potential to help you become the leader God is creating you to be. So that you too, can go and make a tremendous, one-of-a-kind contribution to your community, your company, your world.
So yeah, that’s why I’m here: to empower your leadership.
(I’m glad we found each other!)
What I love:
- Leaders: (Stating the obvious here.) Dynamo leaders are like rock stars to me. At my dream dinner party, I would be swapping stories with Condoleezza Rice, Christine Caine, Brene Brown, and Oprah. (It’s not a party without Oprah.)
- Family: I’ve been married to the love of my life for 17 years and have two superheroes and a lab that call me “Momma”.
- Pie: Seriously. I consider pie research and development a worthy life pursuit. Just check out my Pinterest board for proof.
Other places you may have seen my leadership thoughts:
Just who is this, Julie Pierce? (A more complete bio)
How do I empower leaders to change the world? I do this through one-on-one coaching, consulting with teams and communicating with groups.
At an early age, I was fortunate to have older women see my potential and invest in my growth. Coaches, teachers, and professional mentors challenged me to take un-traditional paths and shaped my collaborative leadership style as well as my passion for global women’s issues.
After receiving my communications degree from Texas A&M University (Whoop!), I led communications and marketing efforts for Insight for Living, Prestonwood Baptist Church, and Nokia Mobile Phones. Often the youngest and only female amongst my peers, I love to share my experiences (and mistakes!) by coaching young women in leadership today.
For almost a decade, I served pastors and teams at Irving Bible Church. For eight of those years, I led the ministry to women at IBC helping build on the foundation of leadership, excellence and empowerment for women there and beyond. I also served as the Communications Pastor leading the team responsible for shaping the message and culture of IBC.
I currently serve as an advisory board member and contributing writer for both Gifted for Leadership and Today’s Christian Woman Magazine. I am an Associate Certified Coach (ACC) through International Coach Federation and a Certified Christian Leadership Coach (CCLC) through Coach Approach Ministries.
I would love to get to know you! You can follow me on Twitter (@julie_pierce) or check out my leadership and pie boards on Pinterest. (To read some kind words others have said about me, read here.) Lead True and Lead On!
**I must tell you about the two talented photographers whose work is featured on my site. Amanda Kate Photography has been our family photographer for years. (She took the head shots seen here.) Dyan Kethley Photography has been a partner with Polish for quite a long time and captured the “action shots” on my header and speaking page. Both women are creative and a delight to work with – I highly recommend them both!