Grateful leaders are a joy to work with. Leaders who take the initiative to express their appreciation are even more of a gift to those around them.
If expressing your gratitude doesn’t always come naturally to you, below are a few simple ideas to get you started today.
Specific ideas for WHOM to thank:
- Team members, vendors, and clients who work with you.
- Leaders and mentors who advocate for you.
- Friends and family who encourage you.
- Authors, artists, and speakers who inspire you.
- Counselors, coaches, and clergy who support you.
Meaningful ideas for HOW to thank them:
- A handwritten note.
- A call or video message.
- A public shout out via email or social media.
- A treat they love to eat.
- An introduction or referral to someone they would love to meet.
- A gift they would never get themselves.
For even more ideas, check out my previous post, 5 Simple Ways to Thank Your Team.
What’s the most meaningful way someone has expressed their thanks to you?