Today, I head south for San Antonio to speak at the Stream Energy Women of Power retreat. I’ll be sharing my 5 Secrets of a Polished Team with over 200 women leaders from around the country. High performing women leaders in the hometown of legendary Tex Mex?
I. Can. Not. Wait.
(And yes, I’ve already mapped my Tex Mex marathon. This is not my first San Antonio rodeo, amigas.)
I hope these leadership resources give you the leadership boost you need to keep going and finish strong this week!
Lead True and Lead On, Julie
A Few Links I Loved:
- Women 2.0 gave me a post I’m still thinking about: Kill the Performance Review and Try This Instead.
- HBR asked the leadership version of “the chicken or the egg?” in Leadership Qualities or Competence: Which Matters More?
- One of my business mentors (and an all-around great guy) Chris Lema says High Performers Have No Time for Drama. Truth.
- I just had to share this post from Donald Miller’s blog: How I Learned to Stand Strong in the Face of Rejection.
What I’m Recommending:
- Play Days: Time away with your team just for the sake of play is priceless. Days of purposeful play build relationships and communication like nothing else. To get started building your own team play day, check out my e-book Play, Team, Play! 12 Themes Plus Countless Team Building Activities for Playing Your Way to a Stronger Team.
- Help for Your Play Days: If you would love to get away and not be in charge of your team building day, look no further than Group Dynamix. I’ve partnered with Group Dynamix in facilitating purposeful days of play for over a year now and can’t say enough good things about their indoor ropes courses and innovative activities. (Tell them Julie sent you!)