Here we are: a few weeks in to the New Year. By now, your New Year’s resolutions may be a distant memory. Or maybe your ambitious goals are starting to feel less exciting and more overwhelming–maybe even impossible.
Need a little boost? Look no further!
Try one of my 12 Favorite Boosts to Keep You Going This Year:
Podcast: Author Michael Hyatt shared his Top 10 Productivity Hacks on his “This Is Your Life” podcast (episode 75). The Boost: Picking up a new tip for streamlining your workflow from this productivity guru is a sure thing in this podcast.
Book: Jon Acuff’s book Start: Punch Fear in the Face, Escape Average and Do Work that Matters is just the read you need to get going on any endeavor. The Boost: With this read, you’ll get started today. Not tomorrow, next month, or next year, but today.
4 Apps I Love:
- Feedly: Are you wanting to get a better handle on the blogs you frequent? This is my one stop for online reading. I pulled in all of the blogs and news sources I follow to have one place to go for updates. The Boost: This resource not only helps me organize the sites I frequent, but it also helps me group content I want to reference and share easily.
- MyFitnessPal: If you’re like me and have fitness goals for 2014, this app is for you. With a built-in database of common exercises and foods (even a barcode scanner), it’s easy to track what’s fueling your body. The Boost: Community. You can invite you friends to sync up with you to encourage you along.
- Evernote: Are you wanting to be more organized this year? When I try to keep up with 15 Post-Its or, even worse, just try hard to remember that quote, I feel scattered and unorganized. Now, every note from every meeting I attend, book I read, speaker I hear or fleeting idea, it all goes in here. The Boost: Every note is with me, in one place, easy to find, all of the time. I use this app on my phone, my iPad and on my PC by going through the website. (Be sure to check out Michael Hyatt’s collection of helpful posts on getting the most out of Evernote.)
- Coffitivity: Wanting to be more productive when you work from home? I love the idea of working from a coffee shop and yet hate the loud talker and too-loud lyrics that distract me from my task at hand. Enter Coffitivity: ambient coffee shop sounds, without all of the distractions. Most days, I keep it going in my home office as background noise from my desktop (like right now). The Boost: Research shows Coffitivity is a creativity enhancer with “enough noise to work.”
6 Tunes to Try: When I start to drag and take a quick break to get my juices flowing again, this music is my go-to power playlist. (And, of course, I’ve got a recent Amy Grant tune included.) The Boost: These songs help me push through the cobwebs or obstacles and remind me to dare greatly.
- Addison Road – “This Could Be Our Day”
- Amy Grant – “Our Time Is Now”
- Katy Perry – “Roar”
- Kelly Clarkson – “Stronger” (What Doesn’t Kill You…)
- Mandisa – “Overcomer”
- Natalie Grant – “Hurricane”
What are your favorite boosts to keep you going? I would love to hear them in the comments!
*Note: I get zero dollars from any of the individuals or companies mentioned in the lists above.