Leaders are readers.
Leaders are challenged by new ideas and timeless principles found in the latest bestsellers as well as the classics. I often get asked for my favorite leadership books and find myself recommending some of the same ones over and over.* The following is a list of my Top 10 Recommended Reads for Leaders (in alphabetical order):
1. The 5 Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
2. Crucial Conversations: tools for talking when stakes are high by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan, Al Switzler
4. The Heart of Leadership: becoming a leader people want to follow by Mark Miller
6. Necessary Endings: the employees, businesses, and relationships that all of us have to give up in order to move forward by Dr. Henry Cloud (and I also recommend Boundaries for Leaders and Integrity by Dr. Cloud)
7. The Power of Who by Bob Beaudine
8. Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership: seeking God in the crucible of ministry by Ruth Haley Barton
9. Strengths Based Leadership: great leaders, teams, and why people follow by Tom Rath and Barry Conchie
*Looking for more? Check out my most recommended reads for women leaders.